Kuraray Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “Kuraray”) is highly conscious of the importance of personal information. To allow you to use the Kuraray Web site with confidence, we have established the following policies to safeguard your personal information.
1. What is personal information?
Any information Kuraray requests from Kuraray Web site users that could be used to identify individual users, including but not limited to address, name, age, telephone number, and e-mail address.
2. Safeguarding personal information.
- (1) Kuraray has appointed personal information managers to each organization that requests personal information. These managers are responsible for the security of personal information collected by their organizations.
- (2) To ensure the security of users’ personal information, Kuraray strives to prevent unauthorized access, leaks, or loss of personal information.
3. Use of personal information.
When we request personal information from users, we will clearly specify the use for which the information is requested, and the information will be used only as specified. Users always have the option of refraining from providing the personal information requested. However, this may limit our ability to provide services through the Kuraray Web site.
4. Disclosure to third parties.
Except as stipulated below, Kuraray will not release users’ personal information to third parties.
- (1) With the explicit permission of the user.
- (2) When it is necessary to provide the information to a subsidiary or affiliate for the purpose of providing a service requested by the user.
- (3) When it is necessary to provide the information to a subcontractor or affiliate with whom Kuraray has a confidentiality agreement, for the purpose of accomplishing the user’s stated purpose.
- (4) When statistical data has been redacted to prevent identification of the user.
- (5) As required by law.
5. Changes in registration information.
Requests to change, confirm, correct, or delete the personal information voluntarily provided to Kuraray will be honored only after Kuraray has confirmed that the requestor is the party concerned or his authorized representative.
6. Personal information of parties linked on the Kuraray Web site.
Kuraray assumes absolutely no responsibility for safeguarding the personal information of third parties linked to from the Kuraray Web site.
or for other purposes.