What is HYBRAR™?
HYBRAR™ is a high-performance thermoplastic rubber that exhibits superior vibration dampening properties as well as excellent clarity when blended with polypropylene. HYBRAR™ has vinyl branching in the midblock, which gives it vibration-dampening properties at normal-use temperatures. It is commonly used in medical bags and tubing, sporting goods, automotive products, and construction.
Kuraray’s SEPTON and HYBRAR grades function in a wide range of adhesive, sealant, and coating applications. Working directly with the end-user producers, we have developed innovative and unique adhesives that address the constantly changing market. Kuraray elastomers exhibit strong shear performance, melt viscosity, and adhesion and tack properties. These polymers are suitable for solvent-based composition, hot-melt adhesive, and sealant applications and can be formulated with other polymers to create the perfect adhesive.
- Low temperature flexibility combined with high heat resistance
- Low melt viscosity and application temperature
- Superior adhesion to a variety of substrates, including non-porous ones
- Good balance of tack, peel, and shear
- FDA coverage
- Color stability
- Cold seal food packaging
- Reactive adhesives
- Industrial and construction adhesives
- Clear adhesives
- SEPTON: SEP, SEPS, SEBS, SEEPS
- HYBRAR: 5125, 5127,
- KURARITY: 2140, 1114, 2330
Kuraray elastomers play a key role in the manufacturing of gels. Thermoplastic gels are used in a variety of applications, ranging from industrial cable filling to padding. Kuraray elastomers can be used across a broad range of hardnesses.
- Easy mixing and handling
- Excellent clarity
- Excellent compatibility with mineral oils
- FDA coverage on most polymers
- Can be made into products ranging from rubbery gel to thixotropic grease
- Can be made tacky or non-tacky
- Can be cross-linked to give thermoset gels
- Cable filling for copper and fiber optic cables
- Air fresheners
- Gel padding
- Ergonomic floor mats
Kuraray HYBRAR provides extremely tough, transparent, flexible performance for medical films and tubing. As a PVC alternative, Kuraray HYBRAR is replacing these products as a more environmentally friendly alternative.
- FDA and USP Class VI approved
- Cost-effective solution for soft-touch applications
- Easily processed
- High clarity
- Replacement for natural rubber, latex, and PVC
- Catheter bags
- IV bags
- Medical films
- Medical tubing
- Surgical draping
- HYBRAR 7125, 7311
Protection and comfort are the most important factors to successful personal care products. With the unique structure of our polymers, flexibility and elasticity of personal care applications is easy to achieve. These products include disposable hygiene materials, adult incontinence products, personal wipes, and many other products where comfort is crucial. SEPTON and HYBRAR are compatible with both polyolefin and polar materials.
- Soft touch and feel with performance similar to latex
- Increases strength of non-wovens
- Withstands high-speed converting
- FDA approved
- Synthetic condoms
- Feminine care products
- Non-woven wipes
- SEPTON SEEPS
- SEPTON SEBS
Kuraray’s presence in the automotive industry ranges from the plastic gas tanks to soft-touch buttons. SEPTON, SEPTON V-Series, and HYBRAR are present in a variety of interior and exterior components. Crucial safety features are possible because of Kuraray elastomers’ strong vibration dampening, high heat resistance, and chemical resistance properties.
- Door weather strips
- Body-side molding
- Interior parts
- Airbag covers
- Bushings and gaskets
- Rack-and-pinion boots
- Additives for motor oil
- SEPTON SEBS, SEPS, SEEPS, SEP
- SEPTON K
- SEPTON Q
- SEPTON V
Every time you swing your hammer or your tennis racket, vibration-dampening polymers are being used.
- Vibration dampening
- Easily processed
- Moldable and extrudable
- High clarity when blended with polypropylene
- Usable across a wide temperature range
- Sporting equipment and tool grips
- Sealants and padding in construction and automotive products
Kuraray America is committed to continual improvement of our products. With our state-of-the-art research facility in Houston, Texas, we can provide our customers with unparalleled research and technical knowledge in the realm of soft touch polymers.
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Atomic Analysis (XRF and Atomic Absorption)
- Chromatography (GPC and GC)
- Order Analysis (AFM)
- Morphology Observation (Optical Microscopy, SEM, TEM(STEM))
- Thermal Analysis (DSC, TG-DTA)
- Rheology (Capillary and DMA)
- Permeability (Isostatic Gas Pressure Method)
The SEPTON Technical Service and Development team has resources around the world, providing technical service and application development from our research labs located in Japan, the United States, and Germany. With processing capability ranging from our in-house film line to a twin-screw, high-speed blender and injection molder, the SEPTON group works collaboratively with our customers to develop innovative products and solutions. The SEPTON technical service team is committed to resolving processing issues and has the resources to provide personal contact with customers.